Early this morning Tropical Storm Delta started making its presence known throughout the Delta with high speed winds and rain.
Today’s forecast follows:
Jackson – MS, US, National Weather Service
…TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT…
WIND – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Below tropical storm force wind – Peak Wind Forecast: 20-30 mph with gusts to 45 mph
- THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Wind less than 39 mph – The wind threat has decreased from the previous assessment. – PLAN: The sustained wind should remain less than tropical storm force. Conditions may still be gusty. – PREPARE: Listen for any instructions from local officials. – ACT: Ensure emergency readiness should the forecast change.
- REALIZED IMPACTS: Being Assessed – Little to no additional wind impacts expected. Community officials are now assessing the extent of actual wind impacts accordingly.
FLOODING RAIN – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Flash Flood Watch is in effect – Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional 2-4 inches, with locally higher amounts
- THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Potential for moderate flooding rain – The flooding rain threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Emergency plans should include the potential for moderate flooding from heavy rain. Evacuations and rescues are possible. – PREPARE: Consider protective actions if you are in an area vulnerable to flooding. – ACT: Heed any flood watches and warnings. Failure to take action may result in serious injury or loss of life.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Significant – Moderate rainfall flooding may prompt several evacuations and rescues. – Rivers and tributaries may quickly become swollen with swifter currents and overspill their banks in a few places, especially in usually vulnerable spots. Small streams, creeks, canals, and ditches overflow. – Flood waters can enter some structures or weaken foundations. Several places may experience expanded areas of rapid inundation at underpasses, low-lying spots, and poor drainage areas. Some streets and parking lots take on moving water as storm drains and retention ponds overflow. Driving conditions become hazardous. Some road and bridge closures.
TORNADO – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Situation is unfavorable for tornadoes
- THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Tornadoes not expected – The tornado threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Tornadoes are not expected. Showers and thunderstorms with gusty winds may still occur. – PREPARE: Little to no preparations needed to protect against tornadoes at this time. Keep informed of the latest tornado situation. – ACT: Listen for changes in the forecast.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None – Little to no potential impacts from tornadoes.
- Trump: ‘Can’t Imagine’ Someone Else Winning in 2024 If He Runs
- Mississippi voter ID law could be struck down by anti-medical marijuana ruling
- Aviation Trails
- Shocking! South Korea Seizes Powdered Flesh From Dead Babies In Medicinal Capsules From Northeast China! The Associated Press Reports!
- Arizona AG Brnovich Hopes Supreme Court Appearance Strikes Blow for Electoral Integrity